How do I play?
- Listen to the picks made each day at 7:35am, 11:35am, 2:35pm, and 3:35pm. Those picks will be either against the spread or the total in college or professional football. Text FACT to 49451 if you think the pick will be correct. Text FICTION to 49451 if you think the pick will NOT be correct.
What happens if it is a push?
- Any pick that results in a "push" (so if somebody picked Washington State -3 and they won by 3 points) will count as FICTION in this contest.
What are all these terms like spread, push, total, and over-under?
- They are terms used in sports betting. The spread is basically like a head start. If a team has "-3" next to their name, they are a 3 point favorite. That means they need to win by more than 3 points to "cover the spread." The total is just that... the total points scored in the game by BOTH teams. If someone says "Over 58.5," that means the two teams need to combine to score 59 points for that pick to be correct. If you're still unsure, you can read more about it HERE.
What are the prizes?
- There is a weekly $1,000 prize and a $10,000 grand prize.
How do I win the prizes?
- The weekly prize is awarded in a drawing of all the CORRECT picks from listeners. So if you are correct 10 times in a week, you have 10 entries into the drawing.
- The GRAND prize is all about the long game. The contestant with the MOST correct responses at the end of the 13 weeks (final day is December 8th) wins $10,000.
What if there's a tie for the grand prize?
- Good question! In the final week of the contest, all contestants with a mathematical chance to finish tied for first place will be asked to fill out a tiebreaker form. They will (1) pick fact or fiction for each of the professional football games that weekend as well as (2) the total in the Seattle football game and (3) the total in the pro game on Monday night. In the case of a tie in the overall contest, the contestant with the most correct responses in the first portion (1) will win the tiebreaker. If that is tied, the closest of those tied to the actual number of points in (2) will win. If it is still tied, closest on (3) will win. If it is still tied, winner will be selected by a random draw.
Where can I see the standings?
Is there a way to see my entire record for the contest?
- Yes. Fill out the form HERE and it will be emailed to you (an actual person does this so it doesn't happen immediately, but shortly after you request it, usually within 24 hours).
I have more questions, who can I ask?
- You can always email AndersHirst@iheartmedia.com with any questions you might have.