Enjoying the game of hockey is a thrill unto itself. But as many would say, "good times and crazy times make the best memories."
The newest landing pad for memories has the finishing touches being applied, and it's ready to go for old and new friends in hockey. The Kraken Community Iceplex's new 32 Bar and Grill, the final piece of the NHL franchise's $80 million project to gather team, fans, and those who punch the clock in and around the Northgate facility, will open officially for its first patrons on Saturday, 11:00 a.m. and maintaining a consistent hours of service schedule, closing each night at 1:00 a.m.
Designed to unite hockey history, cuisine applying to popular tastes and an undying appetite for live game action, the 5,000-square foot establishment will serve as the landing spot each Kraken game night - home and road - as official watch party headquarters while offering "bird's eye" viewing behind end zones of two sheets of ice, primarily used by the Kraken for official practices held at the facility.
On a tour administered by facility food and beverage director Ken Moriarty, and executive chef Brandon Cathey (who also prepares pre-game and post-game meals for the Kraken), the establishment will also feature:
- Indoor dining to accommodate approximately 250 customers
- Outdoor dining to accommodate nearly 50 customers
- 17 television monitors
- One 90" flat screen monitor in a separate dining quarter, The Captain's Room, seating approximately 35 people and adorned by jerseys of Yanni Gourde, Jordan Eberle, Jaden Schwartz and Adam Larsson. Classic to contemporary hockey history photography, ranging from the Seattle Metropolitans to Thunderbirds fans, were placed inside the room and ready to be hung soon.
- Bubble hockey (get your game on)
- A full length bar top encasing approximately 1,200 donated pucks from local WHL teams such as the Thunderbirds and Everett Silvertips, NHL teams and events, professional minor league teams across the AHL and ECHL, major junior, NCAA programs, and local grassroots outfits.
- Full dining menu delivering sandwiches, burgers, soups, salads, entrees (all ranging on average between $15-24), appetizers, desserts, and even a grilled ribeye steak imported from Double R Ranch, the same delivery line to the famed Metropolitan Grill steakhouse in Seattle (sides: chimichurri, fingerling potatoes, grilled asparagus).
- 16 beer taps offering 8 selections (covering a wider geography of bar seating), in addition to domestic bottled selections such as Coors Light.
- A dedicated wall adorning Seattle Kraken puck art, with visuals to salute the Seattle Totems, Breakers, Americans, Ironmen, Eskimos, and even the 1930's Seahawks (NWHL champions, 1935-36).
Executive chef Brandon Cathey's top menu picks:
- Grilled Ribeye Steak (chimichurri, fingerling potatoes, grilled asparagus)
- Crab Roll (Dungeness crab on brioche roll, served with fries)
- Poutine (a classic comfort food staple and appetizer - fries, au jus gravy, herbs, and cheese curds from Beecher's).
The first watch party opportunity at the new 32 Bar and Grill will be Saturday, when the Kraken visit the Arizona Coyotes at 7:00pm PT.