This week, Softy and Dick Fain are welcoming listeners to share their best Fourth of July recipes and one entry will receive $50 to the San Juan Seltzery. Join the fun by emailing your recipe and photos of the dish to JacksonFelts@iHeartMedia.com.
Today, Jacob Williams submitted "Bacon-Wrapped, White-Cheddar and Jalapeño-Stuffed Chicken Thighs", one of his favorite Fourth of July dishes and definitely a fan favorite. Check out the photos and steps below!
1. Brine chicken in 1/2 gallon of buttermilk and 1/2 cup of kosher salt for 3-4 hours in the fridge.
2. After 3-4 hours, rinse each piece thoroughly.
3. Season inside of the chicken with your favorite seasoning.
4. Cut 1/2” x 2” long pieces of white cheddar and place them inside the chicken.
5. Add about a teaspoon of diced jalapeños to each piece of chicken.
6. Stretch the bacon to make it as long and thin as possible. Wrap a single piece around the chicken, starting at one end and finishing at the other.
7. Use a second piece of bacon to wrap around the ends to help keep everything inside.
8. Season the outside of the chicken.
9. Set smoker at 250 degrees.
10. Cook for roughly 1 1/2 hours, or until they reach 165 degrees in the center.